Friday, October 9, 2015

Utah - Day 11

Day 11:
October 7/Weds:
Looking at the awesome rocks across from our overnight spot, David designed a “hike” for us to get to the top.  He told me about it just as I was looking at it thinking we should get ourselves up there!  So after breakfast we are doing a DIY hike!  He had the “route” all figured out.  Off we went at 9 am and returned at 11:10 am.  We had allowed a maximum of 4 hours, there were no epic events and with only minor rerouting due to canyon walls or very steep rocks thwarting us.  Starting to warm up
When we arrived back.  We call it “David’s hike for Donna”  to get me out and moving without the parade of people that haunt the national parks.
The diy hike...going to the top



Somewhere down there is our white dot/motor home


Okay we planned on camping here but somewhere around 2 am the winds kicked up so we drove down the hill to find a quieter spot to sleep in.

Drive today from BLM land outside Goblin Valley State Park to Capitol Reef National Park.  We stopped at Mesa Farm Market for some homemade feta cheese (which I am going to try) and some homemade bread for David.  Mesa Farm Market is a VERY relaxed market.  They were winding down for the year so they let me pick my own
Veggies (chard, dinosaur kale, and some tiny tomatoes) and they since I worked so hard, they didn’t charge me…not a bad deal.  We did one hike today in Capitol Reef

National Park…Grand Wash. Admittdly I did not do the whole thing as its been too long since I was able to really get out and hike.  I did about 3 miles total out of the 4.4 plus the hike in the morning…so not bad.  Overnight east of Capitol Reef just outside the park on the mesa…wind kicked up at 2:30AM so we moved down into the parking lot at the entrance.  We were the only ones in either place.



Hiking in Capitol Reef National Park






The End

No comments:

Post a Comment