Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Wednesday Sept 22 – Buffalo Gap National Grasssland to Picnic Spring campground in South Dakota


Could hear the highway when I was waking up in Buffalo Gap but other than that it was not bad and we were the only one on this side of the loop.  Early departure.  David wanted to hike up to the highest point in North Dakota before we left so we aimed for that.  Nice gravel road in; we went slowly and were able to turn around the class c and Jeep toad at the end.  I did not read the trail description and he didn’t tell me much. I sent him off ahead knowing I would catch up.  I did not…maybe I should not have given him the naproxen sodium this morning for his knees!  I made it about ¾ of the way up and it was not really marked…just went by foot prints and made some of my own (!!!!) as I attempted to navigate my way up.  I did not bring water (thought I would catch up to his water) so decided that there was water in the rv and went down.  Nice views though.

 

The afternoon brought us to Picnic Spring Campground (national forest).  Amenities: pit toilet which doesn’t really count.  BUT BUT BUT, it was camping under ponderosa pines and I LOVE pines.  So we are here for two nights/gratis!  There are not many sites spread out rather widely on the campground road; they could have really squeezed in more and most times they do.  Pleasantly surprised!  One other rv here and the other few are tents.






No comments:

Post a Comment