Saturday, September 25, 2021

Sat, Sept 25:  Reva Campground, SD/national forest service


This morning we did a hike around The Castles…it was getting hot (85 degrees today) so we didn’t stay as long as we would have and Mali/black dog was panting.

We could see the goat people with their goats hiking off into the distance…a hot proposition.  A pretty neat place especially for South Dakota.  Avoiding the hot sun today. Enjoying the fall Wild West colors greens/yellows/golds (no reds but still great).

 

When we arrived at this campground there was a note on the picnic table telling us there was an antelope carcass up on the hill.  I went up and looked and it looked to be mostly fur but I didn’t get close to investigate/shrubby tick land.  I marveled at how it didn’t stink at all.  Well tonight it has begun to have an odor and the wind must be right so I hope it doesn’t get too horrible  and come in my window at night. We are leaving tomorrow so not a big deal for us.  I did call the forest service to inform them it was there.  They were appreciative but told us they would not come to pick it up; I did not care at the time.  If I were staying longer I might.  He said the coyotes would take care of it and I expect they will.  Maybe we will hear them sing the song of their people tonight.

 

UPDATE: After taking a walk after dinner tonight, we found a COOL spot (hot today and tomorrow and not cool enough for me tonight) down by the day use area…like noticeably cool.  With the STINK of decomposition, I am not opening my window in that rv spot.  We made the decision to move down to the day use area and the cool stinkless air.  It is open more open area as well and we could hook up jeep for tomorrow’s departure.  So back to campsite we went and quickly packed up. We went back to campsite and quickly packed up and drove to the picnic area for the night and a cool breeze was ours !  Problem solved!








No comments:

Post a Comment