Saturday, September 18, 2021

Sat, Sept 18 – Scoria Pitt, ND


DEADLY HOT TODAY and cannot get much further north so we stayed and dealt with it.  97 degrees and I don’t do heat well.  In the morning we took a ride to Petrified Forest and David did a short walk there while I walked Mali around the area…not allowed on trail even on 6 foot leash even though cow poop all over the place.  Not fair.  Yeah, I get it she could disturb wil It was 7 miles up the dirt/gravel road from our free camping spot.  By midday it was pretty hot and there was not much wind.  I took a nap; David researched next areas to explore.  By 3pm it was hot and I lounged outside in the shade of the rv as there was not much else in the way of shade around our campsite and the wind helped marginally outside the rv.  By 4pm we were driving in the AC jeep to get ice cream to cool us off and Mali dog.  Dinner was that ice cream and a salad…not m aking any heat in the rv! By 5pm the generator was running and the AC was on to cool the whole rig down.  I did not need to suffer…lol!





No comments:

Post a Comment