Monday, May 9, 2016

Day 3 - Cape Split, Nova Scotia

Day 3/May 6, 2016:  Cape Split, Nova Scotia

In the 40’s last night and using no heat at night in the motorhome.  Add a pile of quilts and it is perfect sleeping weather. Heat gets put on in a.m. and I jump back in bed for 15 minutes until it warms up.


Doesn't he look mean!
Hiking Cape Split.  I was going to do it (10 miles/4-5 hours) but when the foggy/spit never quit…that just clinched it for me…don’t need sun but rain the whole time..not so much.  I was also really concerned about the 10 miles as that is a long haul for me.  Off David went on his own. 





A calm friday night.
 I did some clean up around the trail head parking area. The rain quit about 1 hour after he left…

Maybe 8 cars of hikers today and 1 motorhome came and went.  Another motorhome spent the night.
 

Overnight parking spot for tonight is Cape Split again…quiet and protected enough from the wind with some trees.























No comments:

Post a Comment