Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 41 - 44: Vegas Visit

Day 41- 44:  Nov 8 - 11 - visiting in vegas
Soft shelled toturgas in Wetlands Park
I miss my little boy who is now 26!  We had a nice last visit in Las Vegas. 

Dad and son did some fix its to his Fifth Wheel/house.
We had a nice walk in Wetlands Park Nature Preserve...paved and gravel pathways...with Graham and Melissa.

Road Runner...bleep, bleep

Graham and Melissa showed us how to make sushi (California rolls specifically as well as chicken teriyaki rolls for David.  YUM!  We will carry this knowledge with us and use it well.

Graham suggested we go to Hash House for dinner some night.  Wellllllllllll, didn't sound like something I would be interested in but I googled it.  Hash House A Go Go  is self described as twisted farm food....that is me!  Fresh food in a restaurant; no Sysco meals...yeah!  They have a few restaurants in Las Vegas and one in Orlando as well (might find my way there while in Florida).  We all enjoyed our meals...very flavorful.  The portions were big...no scratch that, HUGE.  I should have
taken pictures of the four meals.  You get biscuits before your meal and they were delicious (off normal diet until tomorrow...too hard when visiting).   I had chicken pot pie and they went over the top with the pastry/cracker crumb part.  I only managed to eat a small portion after the biscuit and the rest will be breakfast (half of the crumb part I asked them to pitch as I don't need that).  David got Sage Fried Chicken and waffle tower--equally huge and he didn't finish it either.  Graham had a burger (apple smoked?) that was huge...not sure how he fit it in his mouth.  Melissa had a tenderloin appetizer that she didn't finish either.  We were all happy with our selections.  Highly recommended and don't expect to finish it...pricing reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment