Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Day 25 Tues, Oct 22

Tues, Oct 22
On the way out of Bodie (me/Jeep following David/rv) there was a man working 3 sheep dogs and trying to get his sheep off our road. Meanwhile, Mali sees the sheep and has a little bark fest (she is not much of a barker but sometimes new things get her going a bit and the cattle dog in her likes to bark at livestock). Her barking gets the livestock guardian dog (great pyrennes) to come out of the flock of sheep and hunt down the rv/Mali threat. So Great Pyrennese is chasing the rv on the road and ignoring me in the jeep. When he momentarily stopped, David took off and pyrennes went back to shepherd. It was a lot of sheep.


Not far away was our next night’s lodging was in Lundy Canyon campground (yes a pay campground $16 per night) that boasted trash and pit toilets (I don’t use them). The sites were nestled among the aspens and ponderosa pines both favorites…blue sky and no where else I would rather be. Mule deer wandering around the area but not when Mali is around (smart they are).






Funny story…when I first pulled into the campground there was a lone campsite (I am in jeep scouting for sites while David is on the road) with a “piece of furniture” in it…like a cabinet. I thought “what someone dumped a piece of furniture there”. In my defense I did not do any research on this area (david did it) so YES the piece of furniture was indeed a bear box…which I realized when I saw that every site had a “cabinet”. Scenery is pretty awesome and altitude is pretty high which cuts me from much hiking; I need more oxygen. Leave that to David and Mali…. Campfire and more people than you think arrive to claim a site..it is a Tuesday….but it is California





No comments:

Post a Comment