Friday, October 8, 2021

Fri, Oct 8:  Green River Campground @ Dinosaur National Monument


I found the dinosaurs!  After breakfast we took a ride to the visitor center to have a look and then to the dinosaur quarry.  The quarry was quite impressive. The finds on this hill were left in relief AND there was a lot of them mostly camosaurus but it was over 100 different varieties of dinosaurs.  The park has other “dino hills” they they are working on. The quarry is done.  I asked if I could borrow a shovel to go dig on the hill over there where there more and the young attendant agreed that would be a fun task for a bit but no, no shovels. Mostly university slaves that do the work under paleontologists.  RAINING today on and off and then on for longer than I would like.  I thought it doesn’t rain in the desert, ha!    Took a ride down by the rafting area and that looked like fun but not if the nights are HOT.









No comments:

Post a Comment