Thursday, May 23, 2013

DAY 4 Nova Scotia Joggins & 5 Islands


 May 23, 2013


windmill power!
Our Overnight in Moncton Walmart turned out to be pretty noisy.  In overnighting at Wally you always get what you pay for!  For one night it is okay but generally I try to avoid. Most of the noise didn’t bother me but hubby heard the trucker pull in right next to us and make noise doing something.  I noticed the construction area behind us…someone throwing pipes into another truck…9 pm. 
 
Seen in Monction Walmart parking lot: suv type vehicle with a uhaul small trailer and set up next to this was a….ready for this….dome tent!  YES, true wally camping stretching those boundaries.

I would have stayed in the Nova Scotia Welcome Center (maybe an hour away) had I known it was so spacious.  Also, these Walmarts are not superWallys so my impression of Walmart Canada is pretty low…not at all impressed. The first destination in our rv today is Joggins Fossil Cliffs for an exploration.  We got there with little time before tide was up so we couldn’t take much of a walk.  Looked through the museum and didn’t really want to wait for low tide…more driving to do today.  I should have considered that there was no real beach until the tide is out but I wouldn’t have known that before I came to Canada.
Questionable bridge


 

Our drive took us west of Joggins and down through Apple River, Advocate, Parrsboro.  This was a pretty hilly drive…should have looked at a topo.  So it was slow going but a nice drive through pine and birch forests.  We came to this bridge and we both looked at each other…no weight limit listed…will we be okay…and off David drives!!!!  While we were going over it, I noticed that some of the wood was less than desirable.  There was one more of these bridges on our way but the second one was in better shape.

 
rickety bridge
We decided  to spend the night At Five Islands Ocean Resort and call it a day.  The tide was going out so we took a walk on the beach.  I think there is only two other campers here…seasonals set up but not here.  $37 Canadian…more than I wanted to spend but we needed to dump and refill with water anyway as we didn’t leave home full of fresh water and there was already some grey water in tank


Five Islands Ocean Resort
 
Pano of Five Islands
 
 
Low Tide Five Islands
 
 
 
View from our "house"


No comments:

Post a Comment