Friday, October 7, 2022

Day 35, Friday, Oct 7:  Glenrock Wyoming to Louis Lake Road dispersed camping, south of Lander on route 28

 

We left Glenrock early but not as early as we liked.  We made a stop in Thermopolis to visit the hot springs/mineral waters.  We WERE going to do the FREE state park hot spring but they only give you 20 minutes.  David talked with a local guy and his favorite was right across the street $12.50 each for as long as we wanted.  We went with that one Star Plunge.  I am not sure how long we stayed.  I don’t like deadly hot as I overheat and David can do hot for a long time.  The inside pool was about 94-98 degrees…more than enough for me and the hot tub was 104 AT LEAST.  We mostly did the inside pool because the outside was cooler.  It was good but I think in the end it was a bit too much hot for me as I had to sit down.

 

Our next stop was to find an overnight parking spot. David had a couple of ideas and we went with Louis Lake dispersed camping.  We should have unhooked jeep and explored with that.  However the road in was good…the spots to camp a little rough.  Our new class A does NOT have a lot of clearance…I would call it 6” max…the tailpipe is low and the “accessories” underneath are low.  We found an adequate spot out in the open because on a Friday night most spots were taken or a little rough for us.  We settled in.  Hunting season we presume!

No comments:

Post a Comment