Thursday, November 1, 2018

Day 44: Thurs, Nov 1, 2018 - Notem Bullfrog Road/BLM lands

Day 44: Thurs, Nov 1

Today is more canyon hiking/exploring.  Since we are low on jeep gas we picked the closest ones to explore.  Sheets Gulch  was our choice for today…should be an easy walk.  It was but I am out of condition/health reasons not enough exercise but things are looking up.  When we hit a choke stone and water, I was done.  David, ever the problem solver, decided to find a way around; I made my way back slowly to the Jeep with Mali.  Mali presented her own challenges before we got back to the wash.  




Every rock shelf she wanted to jump up on and EVERY bush in her mind has a rodent or something that moves under it and she is going to get it (none yet).  David showed up maybe ½ hour after I got back.  We took a quick Jeep ride on the wash to Cottonwood Canyon; I procured some colorful rocks for my landscaping.  We then decided to take  a run to Capitol Reef National Park (with our trash…something that is hard to get rid of in these parts).  I bought David a little apple pie at their shop and a bag of tortilla chips and all the trash was deposited.  


The campground there was now on walk in only and we were both surprised to see that it was only ¼ full. We were disappointed but not surprised to see that the orchards had all been picked; it was about 9 miles away from our boondocking spot.  Dinner and a campfire and polish poker.  Making plans for tomorrow.  We both agree that Notom Road needs more exploring…for another time.






No comments:

Post a Comment