Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Out with the sofa - In with the Bed

Okay we are talking about our 20 foot travel trailer here.  We have the short queen for my 6 foot+ husband, we have the bunk over the queen for me and we have the jack knife fold down sofa.  We use this trailer for approx. four months in Florida each year (working).  Well, I got pretty tired of the bunk bed (pretty narrow and it is the HOTTEST place in the trailer (not something I need or want).  So I switched to the jack knife sofa this past year...which placed me sleeping in the "v" of the sofa; it didn't really fold flat.  I tried stuffing towels in the middle to kind of flatten it out but after one year of doing that (really four months), I decided that I had earned a mod/modification. 

The new mattress to replace the sofa in 20 foot travel trailer.
David offered to take out the sofa and install a twin bed instead.  Didn't take me long to give that a big yes.  We priced around for mattresses and boy had those prices shot up.  I thought I could get one for $89 max but the real world price was $129.   It took David a couple of hours to do the job.  The bed lifts up for storage underneath just like the old sofa.  I added a memory foam and now I have a comfy place to sleep.  The added plus is that it is in direct line to the air conditioner; my old bunk had a wall blocking most air.  I am one happy girl!  We saved the sofa for the next owner down the road.


Oh, here is mr. fix it putting in new faucet in trailer.
Our model is demonstrating the
storage area underneath.


No comments:

Post a Comment