Sunday, July 21, 2013

Cleaning your Rv Shower - scrub free!


We wipe down our shower in our motorhome and at home after each use.  A squeegee followed by hand towel does the trick.  It is done quickly as one can do it.  I've learned long ago that this is the way to go to make my life easy in the long run.  It is almost impossible to clean off years of mold/mildew without sniffy nasty chemicals (and they don't work that well).  This takes two minutes max and removes the moisture and soap scum.

The base part of your shower is another story.  The soap scum/dirt will build up over time make your shower look dirty and dull.  Ours happens to be a bathtub...I have visions of putting myself into a ball and basking in the tub...but what about the amount of water needed to fill it? 

The product of choice is Comet Bathroom Cleaner/Soap scum remover.  It doesn't wreak of bleach and smells acceptable.  I spray generously; this is not the time to be cheap.  You are trying to cover the whole surface.  I allow it to set for five to ten minutes while I go relax somewhere.  Then I wipe it down with rags, ptowels or a cloth which just takes a few minutes.  If you missed a spot or haven't done it in awhile...repeat.  I do not need to scrub or spend much time at all bent over the tub cleaning.  Watch your shower shine!

Note: I have used this on my shower walls as well even though the wiping kind of avoids the heavy soap scum build up...but over time it will haze without a shot of Comet Bathroom cleaner.


  Here is a picture of what it looks like:)

No comments:

Post a Comment