Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Weds, Nov 3:  Forest Road 171 to Crystal Forest Gift Shop and free Campground, Holbrook AZ


Last night was a cool 27 degrees…nice except for 2am I got cold and SHOULD have added the extra quilt I had to my bed.  Did not and didn’t want to stir Mali so I jacked up heat a bit (formerly set at 45).

We took our time leaving in the morning.  Our destinations Painted Desert National Park and Petrified Forest National Park were not that far away…just a few hours.  We arrived early afternoon and did the leasurely drive through the park and stopped at most overlooks.  We did not do the one mile Blue Mesa Hike…if it was morning, I would have.

Our destination for tonight’s overnight is Crystal Forest Gift Shop and Campground (FREE) which is just outside of the south entrance to the park.  We arrived with only one other person staying there but the spaces were not very big but our 24 foot motorhome and jeep toad fit well enough.  Not sure too many big rigs could fit in here. Across the street bigger ones could fit and I believe the price is $16?  No generator use allowed here.










No comments:

Post a Comment