Thursday, November 21, 2019

Day 55 Thurs, Nov 21

Thurs, Nov 21
Today in our slow move home…we left Oliver Lee State park (NM) and headed for Guadalupe National Park. Hours later we arrived to be disappointed by a parking lot for a campground. REALLY…just parking spaces. I think they can do a LOT better. We did some quick research and headed for Carlsbad Caverns. David went on the tour and I decided to keep Mali company…not much of a subterranean girl. And I made dinner rather than wait until I was hangry. Nice views from the parking lot. I selected our back up over night parking spot just north of Carlsbad Caverns…BLM lands….free. However, we got there and decided that it was not going to work for us. Plan C was the Walmart in Carlsbad…key word “bad”. We stayed there but you get what you pay for (small parking lot for the amount of traffic, busy, trucks and their noise. We slept well but it was a last resort for the day. This is why I usually always plan and research where we are going to stay (and I did this time except it didn’t work out) so we don’t have to go to auxillary plans.





No comments:

Post a Comment