Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Day 53 Tues, Nov 19

Tues, Nov 19
Sob…we left Graham & Melissa’s this morning at 8am….Concho, AZ. Our days travel (route 60 to 380 in NM) had very few vehicles and a pleasant drive through the golden hills of eastern AZ. I DROVE for about one hour…a first. I even went as fast as 60mph. I was done after an hour…my hands were sweaty and I needed a break from the death grip on the wheel….. We ended the day in Valley of Fire BLM campground ($6 old guy pass and it has showers, trash, dump, water = perfect). We took a walk on their nature trail through the lava beds (pretty darn neat!) and around the campground. We arrived just in time to get a pull through site (so that we didn’t have to disconnect the Jeep) and after us came more than a few that would have happily had our pull through site.






No comments:

Post a Comment