Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Day 51 - November 21, 2017: Boondocking west of Flagstaff, Az

Day 51, November 21, 2017: Tuesday:

We left Lake Mead’s Boulder Beach campground around 8 am and headed to Kingman, AZ to procure all services (gas, propane, walmart, Chipotle/a nice add on). Then west on I-40 to get to our boondocking spot west of Flagstaff (A1 Mountain Road). We arrived at our boondocking spot around 4 pm…despite it only being around 4 hours drive… Mali set to sniffing the area out for edibles (ugh…to her pretty much everything is edible thanks to her time on the streets).



She has gained 10 lbs. now while on my watch and she needs to drop a couple of pounds (according to me not her). She would like to be chubby. We changed boondocking spots (way less cow poo and less policing my me) a couple of hours after arriving which gave us a chance to explore the area on foot and by jeep. Although there are train tracks just south of route 40, we could only hear minimal rumbles of track noises…thankfully no whistles (whistles during the day). I would stay here again especially in off-season.



No comments:

Post a Comment